[LMB] Utopias OT:

tidsel egern at protonmail.com
Thu Jul 29 09:46:39 BST 2021

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Sunday, July 25th, 2021 at 8:07 AM, Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

> Suppose you found a way to describe an Utopia that everybody could agree
>
> on.

But why would everyone have to agree? Isn't the dystopias dystopias exactly because it is assumed everyone has to agree?
Even if you assume groups where people agree on the fundamentals, there would be things to discuss.

'An' utopia does not have to include the whole world, not as I see it, anyway.

 Where do you go from there? Any change you can describe would be for

> the worse. Every story about the perfect utopia would be describing the
>
> same place.

How so? We would all have a different one.
Tidsel