[LMB] OT: Vegans, was Religion question

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 12:49:13 BST 2021

From: tidsel <egern at protonmail.com>

I do not agree with Gwynne either, the vegans I know simply do not behave like this, and I do not think you can blame all vegans
for the behavior of the ones closest to you. They do sound awful - like the kind who could have chosen any cause as long as it gives you the chance to
make mayhem - but not everybody is like that.

Gwynne: I did say that it's only a very vocal high-profile section of the vegan
community that grab the media attention with their antics. It happens in Australia,
I've also seen media reports from the US, Uk, and Europe. It links with previous
discussions on the board about extremists and fanatics in religion politics, etc.
As with most other groups, there are plenty of sensible, well-grounded people who
aren't behaving like that. But we still have to deal with the loons, who seek out
opportunities to grab attention.