[LMB] Shedding demon chaos

Richard G. Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Fri Jul 30 06:40:15 BST 2021

 I can see (after the Physicians of Vilnoc) that every army command will include a Sanitation Lieutenant sorcerer. He/she will do a sanitation patrol every few days, killing all the little bugs that infest people and animals. he/she will also inspect all the animals bought for the camp; to refuse animals (horses, cows, goats, etc) that are diseased.

the navy should have a Port Sorcerer, to disinfect and do pest control on all arriving and departing ships. It's possible the sorcerer could also strip the ships hulls of barnacles and moss; and do a seaworthiness inspection before sailing clearance is granted.
Can be big money in ships' chandlery....

    On Thursday, July 29, 2021, 11:40:51 PM CDT, markus baur via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

 On 30.07.2021 04:12, Gwynne Powell wrote:

> Penric would be a great house guest. One night at someone's
> house, or at an inn, and there's no fleas, lice, ticks, bed bugs,
> moths, spiders, mites, mice, rats....
>
> There's a missed business opportunity there.

"rent a sorcerer"? 8)

it it is something that even a low powered sorcerer with a simple demon
could do ..

might become a nice money earner or public relation tool for the
Dratsabs order

servus

markus

--
markus baur                    SCA: markus von brixlegg
schluesselgasse 3/5            tel: +43 - (0)1 - 50 40 662
a-1040 wien                    email: baur at chello.at
austria/europe                  icbm: 48°11'39"N; 16°22'06"E

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to rgmolpus at flash.net
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk