[LMB] Utopias OT:

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 06:44:02 BST 2021

I remember when I read* 2150 AD, *which was set in a utopia based on
something called "Macro Philosophy."  It struck me as boring and silly,
although that might have been because the philosophy underlying the story
didn't appeal.

Heinlein's* Beyond This Horizon* is set in a Utopian society based on a
concept called "Social Credit", the which I am not sure I understand.  A
lot of what makes the book work as well as it does is the existence of an
underground plot to overthrow the utopia, and the fight against this plot.