[LMB] Utopias OT:

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Fri Jul 30 17:31:28 BST 2021

 FWIW, I thought of Annares as (intended to be) a utopia that had drifted, or slid, away from that status, and could possibly be restored to it.
Karen A. Wyle
    On Friday, July 30, 2021, 11:00:15 AM EDT, Tony Zbaraschuk <tzbarasc at lasierra.edu> wrote:

 On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 1:37 AM B. Ross Ashley <brashley46 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Neither society in _The Dispossessed_  struck me as Utopian. Annares is
> developing into a deeply isolationist world with an increasing hate on
> towards Urras. That is certainly not my idea of Utopia.

When I read it, I thought Annares was a dystopia.  Possibly I'd been
reading too many Reader's Digests accounts of the failing Soviet system
(this was in the late 70s or early 80s), and  Annares struck me as just
such a society.