[LMB] Shedding demon chaos

Margaret Dean margdean56 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:50:22 BST 2021

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 10:21 AM Markus Baur via Lois-Bujold <

> or the counterversion .. killing all yeasts, molds and bacteria in
> foodstuff that is to be preserved ..
>
> once it is discovered that this works magically, food conservation a la
> tincan (but perhaps with class or ceramic vessels) might follow pretty
> soon, as the demon/sorcerer team working this notices there a lot less
> things to be killed after cooking

I don't know if this would be possible. In Physicians of Vilnoc, Pen and
Desdemona can get as far as sensing that what causes the disease is in some
way "alive," but even Des can't focus down sufficiently to be able to
separate out what are presumably the bacteria/viruses from the cells and
microbes that are "supposed" to be there. So I doubt that anything else
that's going on at the microbial level could be separated out either.

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean56 at gmail.com>