[LMB] OT: Vegans, was Religion question

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:15:39 BST 2021

On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 7:55 AM Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> From: tidsel <egern at protonmail.com>
>
> I do not agree with Gwynne either, the vegans I know simply do not behave
> like this, and I do not think you can blame all vegans
> for the behavior of the ones closest to you.
>
> Gwynne: I did say that it's only a very vocal high-profile section of the
> vegan
> community that grab the media attention with their antics.

Oh well.
As someone who keeps kosher, I can tell you that the group of people who
say Really? No bacon?  and then drop the subject is fairly large.
The smaller group of people say Really? No bacon? And no cheeseburgers?
But hooowww can you live like that?  ... and get really aggressive about
it.

It's a smaller group, and I don't blame the larger group - but they are the
ones I remember, and they are the ones who make me really cautious about
mentioning food in mixed company.

Sylvia