[LMB] OT: Vegans, was Religion question

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 20:45:11 BST 2021

Smugness is ubiquitous.  There's no issue that people have opinions on that
someone isn't smug about, I suspect - and drawing attention to any
exceptions will only cause someone to start feeling smug about them.

It occurs to me that one reason people keep insisting that 'fanaticism'
must involve willingness to use force and inflict death is so that they can
assure themselves that they're not fanatics.  Sadly, not the case.  It's
very easy to see others' fixed ideas, much harder to perceive one's own.

Matt "now if you'll excuse me, there's a log in my eye" G.