[LMB] The Assassins of Thasalon - Chapter 12

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Sat Jul 31 20:10:41 BST 2021

On 31/07/2021 19:24, Markus Baur via Lois-Bujold wrote:
> this is one of the cases where a means of magical distance
> communications would have been very useful ..
>
> if only to send a abort signal to bosha

Yup, while often ignored by people who like to talk rate of fire and
magazine size, communications are a very important force multiplier.

Take two equal groups of equally skilled, equally armed men, and give
one group a means of communicating with one another quickly and without
means of interception, and the other group without. I bet the group with
the comms would win, every time.

I think that's the Doylean reason why Pendric (and other
learned/sorcerers or even saints) don't have instant means of
communications is that it would make them over-powered. They could get
out of too many problems too easily.