[LMB] The Assassins of Thasalon - Chapter 12

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sat Jul 31 20:11:42 BST 2021

> On Jul 31, 2021, at 10:24 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thasalon proper is a walled city, and there's no horses inside the
> walls - a really good idea, actually.

Just from the point of sanitation. Cities that allowed horses were fulfilled with
flies. Imagine NYC which had to be supplied with by horse carts. UGH!

Enough dubious and worse stuff on the streets already.

Tana’s place had showers, I wonder if she had inside toilets.

One reason the elite sent the wife and kids away to the shore or mountains.

The Ansonia Hotel at 73 and Broadway had stables on the 17th floor. The Ansonia
was home to Caruso, Babe Ruth and many famous musicians and generally rich
people. I lived there for 20 years when it was much less grand, but a lot of my friends
living mostly in gentle poverty were also there.

 Blessed are the cheesemakers, for they lead the whey.—Allan Richardson