[LMB] Cordelia's Collegiate Sport?

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Wed Jun 9 18:27:31 BST 2021

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021, Elizabeth Holden wrote:

> Pouncer said in passing:
>>  Cordelia is not particularly tall
>
> I thought she was tall - not exceptionally so, but taller than the average
> on Barrayar. Did I imagine that? Make it up? Misremember?

I just reread SoH last night and Cordelia is mentioned there as being
taller than usual for a woman, and approximately the same height as Aral,
who is described as a bit shorter than average for a man.

And the beginning of Barrayar: "Cordelia considered herself a tall woman,
but the top of her head was only level with [Bothari's] shoulder."
Bothari is described as 2 metres tall shortly before that.

So this could have Cordelia at 5'9-5'10"?

Alayne
(who almost always uses metric, but not for measuring people)

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

and subvert them. -- Barbara Ehrenreich