[LMB] AKICOT:L Kindle Help

B. Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 07:40:42 BST 2021

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 12:51:27 +0000, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com>
wrote, inter alia:

> Indeed I have. The instructions, however, only work for books (and I already knew how to adjust fonts and sizes for them) not for magazines. I can?t get Analog out of the two column mode. There is supposed to be something called immersive reading that is more like what I use with books. I can?t get it to turn on with the magazine. I mean the controls aren?t there.
Gives me to wonder ... perhaps the magazines are digitised by copying as
.pdf files. I know that when I convert a .pdf to .epub, it often treats
each .pdf page as a picture, which tells me the pdf itself was built
from, probably, scans of the pages rather than text freshly copied into
an ebook publishing programme.  So the same thing probably happens when
the magazine gets converted to whichever format Kindle is using for the
.aw3 or .mobi or whatever. The onlu way to transform the typography to
any text format  would be running it through OCR conversion, which will
have real problems with two or three column pages. I have played with
that often enough to know this!