[LMB] Centrifugal gravity, was Re: Cordelia's College sport

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Wed Jun 16 11:43:00 BST 2021

> On Jun 15, 2021, at 8:32 AM, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 14, 2021, at 10:32 PM, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Colonize the Sahara, Gobi, Antarctica, and the continental shelves.  Then
>> talk to me about space.
>
> I don’t see any advantage in filling up deserts.  (let nature survive)   But if survival is a priority, colonizing away from Earth might be necessary.

Big problem is there is no air, food or water without high technology and for Mars.

Maintain technology requires population. Tasmanians lost fishing because they hadn’t
the population to sustain fishing. Some people want to power Mars settlements with
solar panels, but they degrade and Mars has violent dust storms. Nuclear power has
the same disadvantages.

So far we’ve been able to sent small rovers to Mars at great expense and objective
apprehension at mission control over the Rube Goldberg method of landing.

We need the Lyle drive or this

<http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=3937 <http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=3937>>

Which requires fusion which was 20 years away in the late 1950s and is probably
30-40 years away. The Universal Architect may have made it impossible.

Now Venus was formerly inhabited, but the denizens decided to keep using fossil
fuels and set off catastrophic global warming. SAD!