[LMB] OT: International sales and Copyright

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Wed Jun 16 20:16:37 BST 2021

An author's/creator's moral rights are a major part of copyright law in
the EU and have been for ~50 years -- and would certainly not allowed that
kind of mistranslation. Perhaps it was simply too difficult to sue,
because I could certainly see Pournelle having a case.

What the translator did was unethical, regardless of what one thinks of
Pournelle's politics.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor