[LMB] OT: Practice for terraforming Beta Colony on Earthly deserts.

markus baur baur at chello.at
Tue Jun 15 16:12:22 BST 2021

consider how long it took for the dead sea project to take off .. purely
for political reasons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Sea%E2%80%93Dead_Sea_Water_Conveyance

one of the problems of the quattara is that the area is still VERY
extensively mined (courtesy of ww2) and any construction and use of the
land will be thus very expensive

otoh the quattara project could produce a lot of electric power and/or
desalinated water ..

servus

markus

a-1040 wien                     email: baur at chello.at