[LMB] ListBiz: How is everyone doing?

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Fri Jun 18 03:06:55 BST 2021

Got my first shot of Moderna April 25. Like Lois, my injection was
painless and my upper arm was slightly sore for a day or two. It was
great.

My second dose is scheduled for August 15, but the Ontario government has
just announced that, starting Monday, we can rebook to move that up. With
all the horrible news about variants, I really would like to be better
protected.

Right now all the politicians at different levels in Canada are pointing
fingers and blaming each other for the slow vaccine rollout. I think some
are more incompetent than others...

The local public library is still only allowing us to pick up holds at the
door and drop off returns - no browsing the shelves. Very frustrating.

Mark, I'm so sorry about your lack of smell/taste and shortness of breath.
How frustrating - I do hope you fully recover eventually.

The one and only thing that makes colonoscopies worthwhile for me is that
they remove polyps, reducing one's risk of cancer. OTOH, they're also good
at convincing one of the imminence of mortality.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca