[LMB] books for sale on Amazon

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Sat Jun 19 13:49:38 BST 2021

In Pennsylvania, I learned “Waltzing Matilda” and a state song of Alaska “Alaska’s Flag”. (In 1959, Alaska had just become the 49th state.) Interestingly, IIRC, we never sang the state song of Pennsylvania.
I looked up a list of state songs on Wikipedia before writing this post (too many past hits for minor mistakes) and was surprised that state songs cover such a wide range, from none to nine. New Mexico has four, English, Spanish, bilingual, and cowboy. New Mexico is the only state with a state question, “Red or green?” Possible answers are red, green, or Christmas.
In other countries, are there as many differences between provences or other subdivisions as there are between US states?
Going further might get me into US politics so I’ll stop here.

William A Wenrich