[LMB] AKICOTL OT: What was that show?

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 22:30:59 BST 2021

From: adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com

Gwynne asks about a tv show she remembers from Back In The Day.
It was "The Pretender" & ran from 1996-2000.  The guy wasn't made in a lab; he was kidnapped as a child & raised in the lab.  He was a prodigy & could put himself in place of all kinds of people & solve all sorts of problems.  He escaped & ran around disguising himself & helping people.  The Company kept trying to bring him back in.  Over time the plots got more and more bananapants, as long-lost siblings, etc. showed up.  I really enjoyed the helping people plots of the first couple of seasons, though; it was kind of like a precursor to "Leverage."
Jerrie

Gwynne: Yes, that's it. I remember that it got more and more complicated,
nobody stayed dead for long, and everyone seemed to be related. But the
stories were interesting - a bit like Quantum Leap.

You guys are all brilliant! That fragment of memory was driving me crazy.