[LMB] OT: Backups using My Book Live

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 05:00:35 BST 2021

The problem with works from the ancient world is that they were
hand-copied, which made them fairly rare and expensive, and they were
almost always copied onto papyrus, which becomes crumbly fairly quickly.
I've thought that going back to Classical Antiquity and introducing
paper-making and the printing press (both well within their capabilities to
produce) would change things.  A lot.

After setting up as a publisher in Ancient Rome, I get a visit from the
Emperor Claudius, who is delighted that I'm doing so well.  "Hmmm...let me
see what you're selling here.  What's THIS?  *My Adventures in the Great
King's Harem?  The Pharaoh's Lust-Filled Concubines?  Naughty Suburan
Sweethearts? * This is trash!  This is filth!  This is pornography!"  *With
a grunt, I haul a bag of gold out from behind the counter and put it on the
counter, making the wood creak under the weight*  "This is a gold mine!"