[LMB] OT: Backups using My Book Live

kbarry at bitsofhistory.com kbarry at bitsofhistory.com
Sun Jun 27 21:33:54 BST 2021

I believe the author mentioned that it was used in tanning leather as well. So there would be a huge demand for Roman urine.

On Sun, 27 Jun 2021 21:59:30 +0200 (CEST), baur baur via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

no - the romans diid collect a lot piss .. among other things it was used to bleach fabrics as well as a mordant for dieing of fabrics

so putting up amphoras to piss into at street corners and other places was not unknown ..

servus

markus

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to kbarry at bitsofhistory.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk