[LMB] OT: Backups using My Book Live

kbarry at bitsofhistory.com kbarry at bitsofhistory.com
Mon Jun 28 05:39:20 BST 2021

I'm pretty sure they had mirrors. Small ones at least. But I would imagine for an effective heliograph all you would need is something capable of reflecting light. A silver coated dish for example. And the Romans had mastered silver plating long before the timeframe of the book.

How good was the Roman mirror technology?

Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to kbarry at bitsofhistory.com
Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk