[LMB] OT: Roman religion

baur baur baur at chello.at
Wed Jun 30 19:19:47 BST 2021

> Lois Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com> hat am 30.06.2021 17:40 geschrieben:

snippitites est ..

> (I don't buy praise of Roman religion.  To my mind, the gladiatorial
> games were a generations-long practice of human sacrifice on an
> industrial scale in service to magically sustaining the state that put
> the Aztecs to shame.)

surely true to some degree ..

however if the estimates of the number of Azetc sacrifies are somewhat in the right magnitude it could very well be argued that roman practices were much smaller .. however the recent archeological data for roman empire seems to indicate that deaths among gladiators were relatively rare

this discussion however would be prretty hatrd, that for both cultures its pretty hard to find hard data

servus

markus