[LMB] OT: automotive, was OT: Gender Roles , figures

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 17:58:33 BST 2021

I've noticed that too.  Part of the reason, IMO, is that Americans depend
more on cars to get around with.  Much of the US is not really suited to
things like passenger trains.  Another reason is that the centers of a lot
of European cities were laid out centuries before automobiles came along,
and to get through those narrow, often-twisty streets, you need a small,
nippy car.  When my dad and I were driving through Norway in 1989, we had a
British Ford Fiesta.