[LMB] OT: Gender Roles

B Van Look vanlook19 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 01:19:40 BST 2021

> > On Thu, 30 Sep 2021, Harvey Fishman wrote:
> >
> > > To my mind, the whole object here is the preservation of masculine
> desire,
> > > which is really quite fragile but without which the human race is
> doomed.
> > >
> > > Feminine desire is calendar based and much more sure.

On Friday, October 1st, 2021 at 1:12 AM, Elizabeth Holden <
> alzurite at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Myself, I just raised my eyebrows, and wondered what species Harvey thinks
> > he was addressing.

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 9:46 AM tidsel via Lois-Bujold <

> I read it as 'if humans can't procreate, there isn't much future. And if
> one party cannot function, then it does not work..

 Then you are very likely the exception to the rule, as Harvey's statement
shows a very limited understanding of female sexuality as a majority of
female-bodied people on this list experience it. This flavor of
misunderstanding is painfully and all-too-frequently common.

Female desire has been documented as FAR more based in cognition and mental
space than Harvey states (calendar-based? seriously?!?!), FAR more based in
cognition and mental space than *male* sexuality.

Two books that can help clear up exactly that kind of mis-information and
improve understanding of female sexuality and desire, for those with the
courage to open them:
Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex
Life
by Emily Nagoski
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LD1ORBI

and

The Pleasure Gap: American Women and the Unfinished Sexual Revolution
by Katherine Rowland
https://www.amazon.com/Pleasure-Gap-American-Unfinished-Revolution-ebook/dp/B07RKW3FZ7

BJ