[LMB] Birthday Excitement

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 15:23:18 BST 2021

The new Birthday Tixie jumps up, all dishevelled and embarrassed, a
calendar in one hand and a trumpet in the other. Belated already! She looks
nervously into all her pockets - and she has many - and finally finds the
letter that she sincerely meant to deliver yesterday to Kris Wiegand, who
gets an extra cake (with candles and little pink candy rosettes) because of
her late delivery with profuse (blushing) apologies.

She finds the letter. She clears her throat, and hands it to him, knowing
she will be in trouble with Iselle for her tardiness. It says:

My Very Dear Kris Wiegand -

Again it is your birthday - how time flies, in your world and ours. 45! A
splendid age, and we congratulate you on reaching it.

Again we are balanced between the darkness of winter and the bright heat of
summer - making this the perfect time for a birthday and a visit. We have
such pleasant memories of our progress through Chalion with your pleasant
company.  So pleasant, in fact, that we hope you will come and do it with
us again this year - all your expenses will be paid, of course. The
itinerary will be a little different, and this year it will include a visit
to Cazaril and Betriz and their remarkable child. As usual, the noblest
families will do their utmost to keep us all entertained, well fed, and
amazed by their splendours. I have heard rumours that the most remarkable
new singer will be at a certain castle - oh, please come and celebrate with
us again!

In anticipation,

Your friend,

Iselle