[LMB] [LMB} ot: recommending Georgette Heyer

Jane Hotchkiss focsle1928 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 04:00:35 BST 2021

 Jerrie A wrote:
Peter Hews had a hard time engaging with the Heyer novel, _Regency Buck_.? Just this morning, over on the Heyer mailing list, someone wondered why _Regency Buck_ was always trotted out as representative Heyer, when the poster felt it was far less humorous and characteristic than other novels.
?
What can we recommend that Peter might find more engaging?
?
I'll say _Frederica_ and _Unknown Ajax_.
?
Anyone else care to play?
?
Jerrie
?
?

JH: my most-favorite is _Sylvester, or, The Wicked Uncle_. But _Frederica _ & _The Unknown Ajax_  are tied for second. _The Grand Sophy_ is third.
Jane Hotchkiss