[LMB] Heinlein

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 3 04:08:05 BST 2021

Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alayne said:
>> Last year, I got the audiobook of _I Will Fear No Evil_ from the library
>> and returned it after getting to the point that the main character wakes
>> up after the transplant. I realized I loathed *everyone* in it --
> I can't recall if I read that one; I think not. Shall I guess that his
> writing was, generally speaking, uneven?

Approximately: A Heinleinian curmudgeon dies suddenly -- heart attack,
or something like that.  By chance, at the same time, his extremely hot
secretary is in a serious accident and brain-dead.  A brain transplant
is performed.  The curmudgeon spends the rest of a very long book in
a female body, hearing what he believes is the voice of the secretary
advising him about female sexuality.  There is much pontification.

It isn't one of his better works.

Joel