[LMB] Heinlein

Fred fred.fredex at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 13:21:13 BST 2021

Re Wyo and Hazel, did you catch on to the fact that Hazel is a young
version of the Gramma Hazel in "The Rolling Stones" ?

I Will Fear No Evil is one of the ones that I read but couldn't enjoy. I
found that most of his "late" books were like that. In an introduction to
an anthology (so long ago I can't recall which anthology), written by (I
think) Lester delRey (or maybe not) commented that whenHeinlein was great
when under tight editorial control (e.g., the "Boys" books, and some other
early works), but when let free tended to "sprawl" badly. I hadn't
previously thought of that as a description, but it seems to fit.