[LMB] ot: a much better ending

Kathy C. kcollett at hamilton.edu
Wed Oct 6 15:16:21 BST 2021

On Oct 6, 2021, at 9:44 AM, adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com wrote:

> For years, _The Giving Tree_ has been herdmaster of my pet peeves.  Finally, someone on the Doubleclicks discord [a most excellent band, highly recommended] posted this much better ending!  https://karenfollows.tumblr.com/post/664262765882507264/leemoyer-cheshirelibrary-sometimes-classics

Yes!  Here it is at Topher Payne’s website: https://www.topherpayne.com/giving-tree.  And also an alternate ending for The Rainbow Fish, which I’m not as familiar with, but I’ve heard my daughter-in-law’s magnificent take-down of the terrible life advice in the original (which if I remember correctly is something like change yourself, make yourself less, so you can get a girlfriend — bad advice anyway, but really not appropriate to three-year-olds!!).

Katherine