[LMB] OT: historical analogue for the meteor in The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 23:55:03 BST 2021

I read the tweets and had to scratch my head, one tweet said the lack of
human remains. Infact starting on page 44 is the section of the Nature
Article on human remains showing considerable damage to the skeletons
infact most skeletal remains were highly fragmented. Around page 35 of the
article is the discussion of melted chrome which melts at temperatures
above 2100c (3815.8  Fahrenheit) the article even took lightening into
account.
After reading the Nature Article, I think a bronze age community being
wiped out by a meteor air burst to be pretty plausible.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021, 9:45 AM Matija Grabnar via Lois-Bujold <