[LMB] OT: Neil Gaiman question, What movie terrorized you?

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu Oct 7 01:00:50 BST 2021

On Wed, 6 Oct 2021, Raymond Collins wrote:
> The other night I was listening to NPR and a story came about a couple who
> bought a house in Maryland and found out it belonged to  family who's son
> had been possessed by a demon. They took the kid to St. Louis where he was
> exorcised. The became the basis for "The Exorcist" the new home owner knew
> what his Halloween theme would be.

I heard an interview with the homeowner on "As It Happens" on CBC:
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-the-tuesday-edition-1.6200205/a-couple-bought-their-dream-home-then-they-learned-it-was-the-exorcist-house-1.6200208

> Anyway the discussion went to what movie terrorized you? For him it was
> "Night of the Comet"
> For me it was, "Planet of the Vampires" in my defense is was ten years old
> at the time.

For me it was _When the Wind Blows_ and _If You Love This Planet_. For my
husband, it was _Doctor Strangelove_. You may detect a theme.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

and subvert them. -- Barbara Ehrenreich