[LMB] OT: historical analogue for the meteor in The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 12:35:10 BST 2021

I am familiar with Nature Magazine. It has a peer reviewed process before
it publishes an article.
Retraction watch.com on the other hand doesn't seem to have any form of
peer review. Just some variation of a Twitter format for any Tom, Dick, or
Professor Harry to cast aspersions on the scientific validity on the
article of what actually happened at the the site of Tell el-Hamman. Some
3600 years ago. The fact of the matter is research went into establishing
what happened that day. Bio-chemical research, physics,  chemistry  etc. By
someone saying "the pictures have been altered doesn't convince me
otherwise. I need Real scientific Proof not just some Trumpian generated BS
to convince me otherwise.
I sorta think Tell el-Hamman maybe got wiped out by a space rock. But I
need real proof and not bullshit to convince me otherwise.
Sorry about the diatribe. I promise to behave better. 😌