[LMB] Heinlein and Bujold

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu Oct 7 16:28:59 BST 2021

Like the radio piece we listened to at breakfast today, about all the
Korean words that have recently been added to the Oxford English
Dictionary.

I commented that when William Gibson started writing in the 80s, we
envisioned more Japanese cultural references coming into American culture
- which happened, but even more with Korean. And Vietnamese, for that
matter, too.

I remember reading recently an interview with Gibson where he mentioned
that some of his earlier boks are in fact set right about now. Odd feeling
that, outliving your future SF.

obBujold: Beta Colony may be somewhat American, but without its attitudes
re sex and re religion.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor