[LMB] Cordwainer Smith was Heinlein

Lois Bujold lbujold at myinfmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:53:24 BST 2021

[LMB] Heinlein
Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 17:11:32 BST 2021

EH:  This got me thinking about British and Canadian SF, and reflecting
that I
can't think of any SF from Australia or New Zealand. Can anyone point me to
NZ/Australian SF authors? I can think of NZ fantasy authors I've read
(Elizabeth Knox being a favourite), but SF?

LMB:  I was about to say Cordwainer Smith, whom I dimly thought was
Australian, but looking him up I see he's American. Still a wonderful
writer, and he does qualify as "lived outside the States."  He's been
reprinted enough times, his stuff should be accessible

Real name Paul Linebarger.  His bio is pretty amazing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordwainer_Smith

L.