[LMB] Heinlein

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu Oct 7 18:05:56 BST 2021

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021, David Bowen wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 9:11 AM Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> This got me thinking about British and Canadian SF, and reflecting that I
>> can't think of any SF from Australia or New Zealand. Can anyone point me to
>> NZ/Australian SF authors? I can think of NZ fantasy authors I've read
>> (Elizabeth Knox being a favourite), but SF?
>>

> Wikipedia has a list of Australian SF writers. The two names I recognized
> were John Birmingham and Sean McMullen.

Another australian author, more on the fantasy side although he has
written SF: Garth Nix.

I recently listened to the audiobook of his _Newt's Emerald_ and enjoyed
it thoroughly. Fantasy regency with a heroine who played with her cousins
and is very good with ships and knots and keeps rescuing herself before
the hero can get to her. Wittily written.

http://www.garthnix.com/about/

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor