[LMB] OF: Australian SF

Raymond Collins rcrcoll6 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 01:31:19 BST 2021

I read the book "On The Beach" and saw the movie. The main character was
the captain of the last surviving nuclear submarine his crew and the people
of Australia. The most poignant scene is when Moira stands on the bluff
looking over the sea as the submarine and her crew dives for the last time.
It definitely was not a cheerful ending.