[LMB] OT Rawling was Heinlein

tidsel egern at protonmail.com
Sat Oct 9 11:50:47 BST 2021

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

> On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 8:48 PM brazee howard at brazee.net wrote:
>
> > > On Oct 3, 2021, at 7:28 PM, Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com wrote:

> > True. And it’s a much, much darker world than I want kids to read about.
> >
> > But she couldn’t even build a rational sport.

Some kids live in a dark world, and I think lots of orphans felt something open up for them in their loneliness.
That, and lots of other problems are out in the open.

As for Quidditch, it is not meant to be 'rational', for god's sake, you might as well complain that a fairy tale is not realistic.
Her world has many inconsistencies in it, true, but that is unimportant for the stories.
You must criticize a book on its own terms, on what it is trying to do.