[LMB] OT: Change blindness

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sat Oct 9 16:19:54 BST 2021

> On Oct 9, 2021, at 7:16 AM, Peter Hews via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> "Change blindness" is often invoked in paranormal works to explain why people don't notice weird stuff around them. In the webcomic “El Goonish Shive” a shape-shifter demonstrates it by repeatedly changing her hair colour when people look away, and when they look back they don’t realise she was a different colour before.

This has been documented in videos. They used different people in very short time differences and the subject
didn’t seem to notice the person they were talking to had changed.

When you are getting directions do you really care about from whom?

—
(You shall know the truth. my addition); The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret. — Terry Pratchett, The Truth