[LMB] OT Rawling was Heinlein

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Sat Oct 9 21:04:45 BST 2021

On 09/10/2021 19:44, Marc Wilson wrote:
> The snitch is needed later in the story arc, so it had to exist.  The
> rules could have been marginally more sensible, though - e.g. when the
> snitch is caught, the match is over, without an effect on the score.
>
> That would have made the seekers' roles more strategic - the side
> currently losing would be keen to block the winning side's seeker,
> rather than catch it themselves.

Oooh, I like that idea. Simple and elegant and seamless.

The other thing that annoyed me was the house scores. I have this
impression that in each year, Gryffindor would be lagging behind other
houses, and then they would get awarded just enough points to win for
some spurious, ad-hoc reason.

Even though I was rooting for Harry's house, it offended my sense of
fairness.