[LMB] Cloning?

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Sun Oct 10 04:32:03 BST 2021

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021, Joel Polowin wrote:
> I don't have a problem with cloned *parts* being grown, like the organs
> described in LMB's books: Miles's new organs, Professora Vorthys's
> heart, and so on.  I'm not even terribly offended by the idea of an
> acephalic body being grown for organs to be harvested from.  I hate the
> idea of a person being brought to maturity for that purpose with a mind,
> and then killed.

Strongly agreed - not that I need anything right now, but... I'd like knee
and hip joints cloned too.

The current situation leads to people making public special pleas for
kidney donors, which is wrong in itself. There should be not a shortage of
organs (and yes, I've fully filled out my after-death organ donor card.)

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca