[LMB] Cloning?

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Sun Oct 10 06:24:06 BST 2021

On 09/10/2021 23:26, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
> Has there been any any cloning shown in the nexus except for the Jackson Whole body Leggers (a take on organleggers which is a take on bootleggers).
> Does anyone think that human cloning is a good idea? I think it’s sickening.
> We have no way of adjusting length of the tolemers which would be shorter in an adult than in an embryo. Remember, Dolly lived less than half as long as is normal for a sheep of that breed.

Cloning is/will be a tool like any other - good or bad depends on the
use it is put to.

Cloning of parts to provide replacement parts (i.e. growing a kidney or
a lung when one is needed)? Yes, please.

Cloning an existing person in the hope that the clone will continue on
the same path once the original dies? Very likely to end in tears,
because we are not just a product of our genes, but also our
experiences/environment, and the one the clone will experience will be
different from the one the original got.

Cloning an existing person so that you could kill them and then harvest
their organs? I'd treat it the same way as killing one's twin for their
organs, aggravated murder.