[LMB] Cloning?

Peter Hews Peterhews at protonmail.com
Sun Oct 10 12:14:55 BST 2021

On Sunday, October 10th, 2021 at 04:49, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to universal organs like hearts, livers, kidneys, and lungs grown
>
> or cloned. Too many people die because they couldn't get that organ in time.

We're close.  They've already made structurally simple things like skin from the patient's own cells, and more complex organs like a kidney are only a matter of perfecting the creaton of different cell types and assembling them right.  It's a slow business at present because things have to be 3D printed from cell solutions, but once we figure out how organs shape themselves in the foetus, we'll be there.

Peter Hews