[LMB] OT Rawling was Heinlein

Peter Hews Peterhews at protonmail.com
Sun Oct 10 12:24:52 BST 2021

On Saturday, October 9th, 2021 at 16:51, Karen A. Wyle <kawyle at att.net> wrote:

> I agree. "Fantasy" isn't an excuse for sloppy drafting, inconsistencies, and other such flaws. A fantasy world doesn't have to be based on scientific laws or extrapolations therefrom, but it's not a narrative free-for-all -- unless it's tongue-in-cheek in a particular way that the Harry Potter books aren't.

Aren't they?  I saw it, like the weird currency, as Carrolian absurdity not meant to make sense - something children appreciate much more than most adults.  You might as well complain that the White Knight's inventions would never work.

BTW, the header "Rawling was Heinlein" keeps catching my eye.  Is this supposed to be reincarnation?

Peter Hews