[LMB] OT: Pastimes

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Sun Oct 10 15:05:18 BST 2021

I wonder how many people have as strange a way to pass time as I do. IIRC, someone mentioned tracking down all of the links in an article.
I will browse odd YouTube science and mathematics videos a try to check them with other sources. Occasionally, I will branch out and check on something that I think I know. Sometimes I find that I was wrong.
Recently ,I looked at a video about how mathematics, computer science, and quantum entanglement were related. The math was bey me but I checked on something that I thought I knew. I thought that the least time in which anything could happen was a fermi. I was wrong. A fermi is a unit of distance 10 to the -15 meters, about the diameter of a nucleus. The unit of time is a jiffy, the time it takes light to travel one fermi.
Totally useless information in everyday conversation, but I like learning things.

William A Wenrich

  *    A sinner, utterly dependent on God’s grace.