[LMB] Heinlein

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 03:18:21 BST 2021

What turned me off Clavell was finding out that his Japanese and Chinese
names made N-O sense in those languages, and were nothing like real names
in those languages.  The characters in question were based off of real life
people (Toranaga, i*n Shogun,* was based off the first Tokugawa Shogun) so
why not just use them?

However, that's nothing to my reaction to *A Day No Pigs Would Die.  Tha**t
*was the only book I ever openly rebelled against in school.