[LMB] OT: Ivermectin (was: Comercials

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Mon Oct 11 13:06:58 BST 2021

On 10/10/2021 18:52, Peter Hews via Lois-Bujold wrote:
> Speaking as an idiot who has had some in the refrigrator for the last year, as a last-ditch treatment if our protections failed
Oh yeah? The human variant or the veterinary one?
> , I didn't take my guidance from Trump but from European and African researchers.  The substitution of political belief for scientific evidence is not confined to the right.

I did not mention Trump, or conservatives, so why bring them up?

But since you say you took guidance from researchers, did you read the
papers yourself? Or did you read summaries of summaries?

> I got my vaccinations as soon as I could, but I'm keeping my "horse wormer" just in case, because 80% protection is not certainty.
Will you be buying molnupiravir now, since you're covering all your
bases? (and quibble: it's horse de-wormer, not wormer)
>   And for a great many people in Africa vaccination is still not an available option; so their doctors (being ignorant savages) use what they have empirically established works, without waiting for the blessing of the WHO.  Doctors in France have done the same when desperate, and it worked there too.
Did it work in double blind studies? How large were the studies? How
large were the control groups? Or was it "we gave it to some people who
were critical, and some of them survived"?