[LMB] OT: Ivermectin fraud

Damien Sullivan phoenix at mindstalk.net
Tue Oct 12 04:12:11 BST 2021

On Sun, Oct 10, 2021 at 05:52:29PM +0000, Bujold list wrote:

> I got my vaccinations as soon as I could, but I'm keeping my "horse wormer" just in case, because 80% protection is not certainty.  And for a great many people in Africa vaccination is still not an available option; so their doctors (being ignorant savages) use what they have empirically established works, without waiting for the blessing of the WHO.  Doctors in France have done the same when desperate, and it worked there too.

India has stopped using ivermectin for covid because it wasn't working.
https://www.indiatoday.in/coronavirus-outbreak/story/why-hcq-ivermectin-dropped-india-covid-treatment-protocol-1857306-2021-09-26

Peru stopped months before
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/surgisphere-sows-confusion-about-another-unproven-covid19-drug-67635

A key pro-ivermective paper was fraudulent.
https://codeblue.galencentre.org/2021/07/16/huge-study-claiming-ivermectin-effective-against-covid-19-retracted-amid-fraud-plagiarism-concerns/
https://www.sciencealert.com/ivermectin-study-controversy-is-a-huge-wake-up-call-for-fraud-in-covid-19-science

And even more fraud
https://gidmk.medium.com/is-ivermectin-for-covid-19-based-on-fraudulent-research-part-5-fe41044dab13
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58170809

"The BBC can reveal that more than a third of 26 major trials of the
drug for use on Covid have serious errors or signs of potential fraud.
None of the rest show convincing evidence of ivermectin's
effectiveness."