[LMB] OT: Change blindness

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Oct 13 07:04:07 BST 2021

On Oct 12, 2021, at 4:41 PM, Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2021 20:24:45 -0500, Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> These days anytime an event is happening somebody will be filming the event
>> on their phone.  I wonder how that will effect memory?

ISTR that the same was said as epic poems were starting to be written instead of memorizing, in several cultures.

> If the Titanic sank today, drowning people would be taking selfies.

‘Ave you heard anything of the iceberg?
My family were on it, you see . . .
It’s Les Barker’s fault that any mention of that event triggers these lines in my brain!

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala