[LMB] Cloning?

Kathy Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Wed Oct 13 15:20:22 BST 2021

On Oct 13, 2021, at 9:57 AM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:

> Ser Galen had a very limited imagination. What if Mark had not been squeezed into a Miles size and shape but had been allowed to grow strong and healthy with a Komarran mindset and introduced on Barrayar as a nonmutie heir to Aral? The political disruption would almost been as bad as the assassination attempt.

And much more likely to succeed in that disruption, at least initially.  Ser Galen did not understand Aral and Cordelia at all, to have thought only about assassination (and only of Aral!).  They would have taken Mark in as their child, as they did, even knowing about the political disruption it might cause.  Having a “normal” heir (but a Komarran clone? not sure the Counts would go for that anyway) would certainly have caused problems, but I have faith in Aral and Cordelia that they would have been able to work things out for Miles AND Mark.

Katherine