[LMB] Cloning?

Matija Grabnar lmb at matija.com
Wed Oct 13 15:32:42 BST 2021

On 13/10/2021 14:57, WILLIAM A WENRICH wrote:
> You could say that Mark is a clone to replace Miles. Violently.
> Ser Galen had a very limited imagination. What if Mark had not been squeezed into a Miles size and shape but had been allowed to grow strong and healthy with a Komarran mindset and introduced on Barrayar as a nonmutie heir to Aral? The political disruption would almost been as bad as the assassination attempt.

Whoa! That would be something to see.

Count and countess Vorkosigan would probably accept him just as they did
Mark (and for the same reasons) - but Miles might have felt that they
accepted him because he is Miles-as-could-have-been.  Plenty of space
there for the story to turn dark, or light.

That is some idea, I love it!

Someone should write fan fiction with that premise, I'd read it.